Scientific Research Council (SRC)
SRC is comprised of (7) members of teaching staff at university appointed by a decision from the deanship council for two years subject to renewal for two more years.
The current council 2012/2013 consists of the following members:
Dean of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies Chair
Representative of the Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences member
Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy member
Dean of Faculty of Information Technology member
Dean of Faculty of Arts and Humanities member
Dean of Faculty of Engineering member
Representative of Faculty of Nursing member
The council assumes the following duties:
- Proposing rules needed to support scientific research.
- Proposing necessary rules related to the scientific journal.
- Proposing required rules for support of valued publications.
- Monitoring university's policies related to scientific research and proposing modification.
- Monitoring instructions that regulate and encourage scientific research affairs.
- Proposing principles which regulate rights of the university and researchers related to the results of scientific research at the university.
- Studying, approving, and supporting research projects submitted by researches at different faculties.
- Monitoring work progress in supported research projects to ensure completion in the specified time period.
- Discussing the deanship annual budget.