The Deanship of Student Affairs gives proper attention to individual and team sports activities as it believes that the role that these activities play highly enhances students’ talents and personalities. The Sports Department aims to encourage students to practice sports of all sorts and enjoy available recreational activities in order to make the best use of their leisure time. The goals of the Department also include:
- Maximizing the chances for faculty and students to practice their favorite sports and enjoy their hobbies.
- Training University sports teams to compete with similar teams from other universities and institutions.
- Enhancing athletic skills to the best level possible in order to create a friendly atmosphere among students and faculty.
- Promoting the concept of teamwork among the students.
- Representing the University through participation in local and international sports competitions.
Major accomplishments during the past year
- Participate in the Jordanian University Basketball championship and achieving first place for the seventh year in a row.
- Participating in the Jordanian University winter tournament in AQABA and achieving the first place individual and team in female Badminton.
- Second Place University Football.
- Participate in The Jordanian Universities Taekwondo championship and receiving two silver medals.
- Organized and supervised an internal Football tournament with the participation of 68 teams.
- Organized and supervised an internal Ping Pong tournament with 32 participants.
- Supervised Arena Football tournament for the Faculty of Information Technology.
- The supervision of all the daily activities in the arena.